End of Summer Bucket List
The past two weeks have been non-stop. While I was in "go" mode, I definitely lost track of the fact that summer is coming to a close. Le sigh.
While I have had an incredibly full summer (travel, a room of balloons, discovering I actually do like running, seeing shows, to name a few), I've decided to make a no-pressure end of summer bucket list. I may not get them all done, but I'm going to give it the old college try.
- Governor's Island: Every year, I say I'm going to go and then I never do. I really want to change that. I'd also like to rent a surrey so please come join me, I need at least 3 people :)
- Finish my book: It's pathetic that I have not managed to make it through one book this summer. I have less than 100 pages to go. I feel absurd just writing that. New goal: Finish my book by the end of next week.
- Met Costume Exhibit: With the weather in NYC feeling like 100-110 over the next few days, museums and movies are really the only things you can do. But, even if I don't get this in now, the costume exhibit is usually a favorite of mine and from the pictures I have seen of the current exhibit Manus x Machina, I think it's safe to say I won't be disappointed.
- Baseball Game: I'm not the biggest baseball fan but for as long as I can remember, I've gone to a Mets and/or Yankees game at least once a summer. This year I haven't been to either Citi Field or Yankee Stadium and I'd like to change that... Or maybe I just want ice cream in a plastic baseball hat cup.
- Walk the Brooklyn Bridge: Like going to Governor's Island, walking the Brooklyn Bridge is something I've been talking about for years. I am hell bent on making it happen, but it needs to get cooler first and with tourist season in full swing, I might wait on this until fall. TBD.
- A few more pool days: I need a few more pool days up at my parents house. There's nothing like being home except being poolside at home.
What's on your end of summer bucket list?